The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is currently accepting resumes for Transportation Clerks. Previous professional experience involving accurate tracking of deliveries for a logistics company and a high degree of related customer service experience is required. Must be able to work variable shifts, including evenings and weekends. High School Diploma or equivalent, valid driver’s license and computer proficiency is a must. Data entry and logistics tracking experience preferred.
Resumes can be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Building Maintenance Electrician
The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is currently accepting resumes for a Building Maintenance Electrician. The successful candidate for this position will perform electrical inspection, construction, maintenance, and repair activities on power distribution equipment, floodlight towers, power poles, air conditioning units, and other fixed facilities. The successful candidate will ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety and operations, and will ensure compliance with National Electrical Code, National Electrical Safety Code, and the Standards for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA-70E).
The Building Maintenance Electrician will install and maintain high and low voltage, overhead and underground wiring and equipment, control systems, conduits and cables, cross arms, pole mounted fixtures, transformers, air systems, fire alarm systems, motors and generators, lighting systems, heating systems, etc..
The Building Maintenance Electrician will handle testing instruments for measuring voltage, current power, insulation resistance, etc., and interpret and follow electrical codes, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, and work with power companies and other vendors to plan and complete job activities.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or State-Accredited Equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License, and ability to obtain Class A Commercial Driver’s License within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum two (2) years’ prior experience in electrical construction and/or maintenance field.
- Strong troubleshooting skills are crucial, as is the ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds; ability to stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/balance/climb on an occasional basis.
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity; distinguish color coded wiring
- Work in an outdoor environment.
Qualified applicants should forward resume and cover letter to BRC Human Resources Department, 6900 S. Central Avenue, Bedford Park, IL 60638 or email to email@example.com.
Director Information Technology
Job Title: Director Information Technology (IT)
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports To: President
Posting Date: March 27, 2019
SUMMARY: Responsible for overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions for mid-sized transportation company in the greater Chicagoland area. The position includes direction of all IT operations to meet internal and external customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications, and development of new technical solutions. This position is a working manager’s position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to IT department managers and employees
- Work with internal customers to assess and respond to IT needs
- Manage an IT staff of six managers and five union employees
- Hold departmental meetings to review strategic goals and initiatives, promote team building and work to provide growth paths for staff
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct periodic performance reviews, and delegate assignments and responsibilities for IT personnel
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and providing appropriate training for IT support staff
- Assist in planning and policy-making initiatives
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages
- Responsible for the ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions, Systems Operations and Maintenance
- Maintain the integrity and continual operation of various IT networks, including wireless networks
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
- Other duties, not listed, may be assigned by the President
- Sound judgment, initiative, flexibility
- Documented working experience with programming and computer operations including significant project management experience
- Experience with Microsoft windows configuration, installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of TCP/IP, networks supporting VOIP telephony, microcomputers and other systems
- System development, complex project management, client/server technology and internet/intranets
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Minimum of a four-year degree from an accredited college or university in computer sciences, business administration, public administration, mathematics or related field and at least five years of experience in technical operations management and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Additional formal education (i.e. a Master’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field) preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, public officials, and external customers.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts, and methodologies. Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: As required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit; and talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities requires by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Normal office conditions apply. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
APPLICATION INFORMATION: Qualified applicants should forward resume and cover letter to BRC Human Resources Department or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is currently accepting applications for Track Laborers. Will work as a member of a crew to maintain, repair and replace ties, switches, rails and ballast, using hand tools and hand operated equipment. Uses Rail Saw to cut rail to specified lengths. Drills holes through rails for insertion of bolts using hand or power drill. Uses spike maul or jack hammer to drive spike into tie and secure rail. Uses track wrench to tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold ends or rails together. Shifts are variable, and dependent upon seniority, and workers must be available and on-call 24/7, including weekends and holidays. Experience in welding, electrical or mechanical work or heavy equipment operation a plus. Must be able to work in a safety-sensitive, construction-oriented environment. Class A CDL strongly preferred or candidate must demonstrate ability to obtain one within 90 days. Must have experience working outside and have own vehicle. Must have a HS diploma or GED and valid driver’s license. Must be able to work on a full-time basis. pass a physical and background check, as well as a post-offer drug test if offered a position. Veterans encouraged to apply.
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (708) 496-4005. No phone calls, please.
Mechanical – Car Department
The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is currently accepting resumes for Mechanical-Car Department employees. Applicants must be able to regularly work variable shifts, including evenings and weekends. Applicants must be comfortable working outdoors in variable conditions throughout the year. High School Degree or equivalent and valid driver’s license is required. Previous experience with welding or general mechanical experience is a plus.
Resumes can be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at (708) 496-4005 to Human Resources, or can be dropped off with Human Resources. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Workforce diversity is an essential part of the Belt Railway’s commitment to quality and to the future. We encourage you to apply, whatever your race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status.