The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is currently accepting resumes for a Roadmaster. The Track Department is responsible for planning and directing inspection, construction, maintenance and repair for Track Infrastructure and other Structures (bridges, buildings, miscellaneous facilities). This position will serve as the first line supervisor, responsible for the planning of all track-related activities including working with management team to define priorities, establish performance expectations and metrics/measurements, and evaluate performance. Field activity is a routine part of this position, accounting for roughly 70% of duties.
- Maintaining BRC and Engineering Department safety standards
- Developing work and track maintenance plans to support operations
- Supervising field personnel in completion of inspections, maintenance, and construction
- Identifying and developing appropriate training programs for various work groups
- Developing knowledge of BRC internal and external customer service needs
- Developing and executing engineering plans to support BRC’s capital program
- Ensuring coordination between various BRC departments
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 3-5 years related work experience; demonstrated broad knowledge of railroad operations
- Bachelors of Science in related field a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, right-of-way maps and construction plans
- Knowledge and understanding of FRA track safety standards; ability to apply knowledge in the field and document non-compliance
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms with employees, supervisors and business associates in a professional manner
Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTED: June 17, 2016
The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is seeking a Communications Electrician. FCC license is preferred. 2-5 years of professional experience required with repair and installation of electronic equipment, such as security camera systems, radios, data transmission and storage devices, and phone systems. 3+ years of stable employment (full-time equivalent), HSD or equivalent and driver’s license required. Must be able to work variable shifts.
Resumes should be submitted by email at email@example.com, by fax at (708) 496-4005. No phone calls please. Veterans encouraged to apply.
POSTED: January 7, 2015