The Belt Railway Company of Chicago Police Department’s mission is to prevent crime and losses from occurring on BRC property; to preserve the peace, enforce the law, and protect life and property, detect crime and arrest violators of the law; to solve security issues and enhance the quality of life at work. Candidates must be able to regularly work variable shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays. High School Degree or equivalent, valid driver’s license and computer proficiency is a must.
Belt Police Officers are responsible for the following duties:
- Apprehend or remove trespassers or thieves from railroad property, or coordinate with law enforcement agencies in apprehensions and removals.
- Direct security activities and provide assistance at derailments, and other incidents involving railroad property.
- Investigate or direct investigations of freight claims, grade crossing collisions, damage or loss of property and other crimes on railroad property.
- Attend court and testify when required.
- Patrol railroad yards and other facilities in order to protect company property and assets to maintain order.
- Prepare reports documenting incidents, investigation, activities and results.
Resumes can be submitted by email at email@example.com, by fax at (708) 496-4005 to Human Resources, or can be dropped of with Human Resources. No phone calls, please.
MECHANICAL – CAR DEPARTMENT
The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is currently accepting resumes for Mechanical-Car Department employees. Applicants must be able to regularly work variable shifts, including evenings and weekends. Applicants must be comfortable working outdoors in variable conditions throughout the year. High School Degree or equivalent and valid driver’s license is required. Previous experience with welding or general mechanical experience is a plus.
Resumes can be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at (708) 496-4005 to Human Resources, or can be dropped off with Human Resources. No phone calls, please.
The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is seeking a Communications Electrician. FCC license is preferred. 2-5 years of professional experience required with repair and installation of electronic equipment, such as security camera systems, radios, data transmission and storage devices, and phone systems. 3+ years of stable employment (full-time equivalent), HSD or equivalent and driver’s license required. Must be able to work variable shifts.
Resumes should be submitted by email at email@example.com, by fax at (708) 496-4005. No phone calls please. Veterans encouraged to apply.
POSTED: January 7, 2015
Communications and Signal Supervisor
The Belt Railway Company of Chicago is currently accepting resumes for a Communications and Signal Supervisor. The successful candidate for this position will effectively manage employees and daily responsibilities in both BRC Communications and Signal Departments. The successful candidate will be responsible for setting work assignments for contract employees, overseeing FRA testing, ensuring proper maintenance of BRC’s communications and signal systems, overseeing work rule and union grievance issues, promoting and enforcing safe work practices within the Communications and Signal Departments, and other responsibilities as necessary. This position must cooperatively interact with other departments and external contractors, vendors, government inspectors, etc.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years of stable employment in the Railroad industry
- Familiar with pertinent rules and regulations associated with Communications and Signal
- Knowledge of computer-based maintenance tracking programs preferred
- Some college or related professional training required
- PC aptitude (Email, Word, Excel)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work variable shifts when position requirements dictate
- Proven background in management skills self-development preferred
Qualified applicants should forward resume and cover letter to BRC Human Resources Department or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.